Learn to capture an urban scene with a limited palette in this art class preview with artist Allan Kirk (@tarnincolour). Join us for a lesson in painting an urban landscape using ink and three washes of watercolour.
- Choosing two colours for your limited palette
- Understanding the difference between being carefree and careless
- Achieving depth with a dark foreground element
- Simplifying the details of a scene
- Marking the position of the sun
Here is the sketch outline here if you want to paint along!
In the Mini Workshop art class, Allan will teach:
- Using ink from the start
- Starting in the centre and working out
- Understanding why the story is more important than the reality
- Using three washes
- Getting light from shadow
- Knowing when to stop
Enrol in Allan's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
Etchr Products mentioned:
Paper Block A4
Etchr Black Graphic Pen Collection: Set of 16
Jackson's Art Products mentioned:
Watercolour sable brushes in sizes 12, 8, 6, 4, 2 (rigger), and 1 (rigger)
Watercolour paints - Ultramarine Blue and Raw Umber
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team