Nurture your urban sketching skills with artist Amy Stewart (@amystewart) in this art class preview. Amy will demonstrate her ink and watercolour techniques by painting a classic Amsterdam scene.
- Sketching with pencil before ink
- Layering ink and watercolour over the pencil marks
- Using “wonkiness” to your advantage
- Adding black ink for drama and contrast
- Using shadow colours for base layers
Here is the reference image if you want to paint along!
In the Mini Workshop art class, Amy will teach:
- Anchoring your work with ink
- Adding richness and depth
- Detailing with bold shapes
Enrol in Amy's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
Etchr Products mentioned:
Jackson's Art Products mentioned:
- Pigma Micron
- Copic pen in a 0.5
- Pentel Pocket Brush pen
- Faber-Castell Pitt
- Staedtler Permanent Lumocolor B
- Princeton Select synthetic brushes
- Pentel Aquash
- Sakura Koi Water Brush
- Daniel Smith Watercolour set
- Water and paper towels
- Pencil and eraser
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team