Learn to use wet-on-wet watercolours to paint furry and fuzzy textures in this 30-minute art class with artist Ana Wilhelm (@anawilhelmwatercolour). She’ll show you how to stay in control of the water on your page to paint an adorable Santa puppy. You’ll see how she manages her timing and avoids hard edges.
Check out this reference photo if you want to paint along!
- Wet-on-wet techniques for texture
- Painting pet portraits
- Maintaining control of an uncontrollable medium
- Finding relaxation in painting
Enrol in Ana's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
In the Mini Workshop art class, Ana will teach:
- Painting both dog and Santa hat
- Negative painting
Etchr Products mentioned:
- Perfect Sketchbook
- Pearlescent Watercolours: Versatile 12 Half Pan Set
- Watercolour Postcards: Cold Press
Other materials mentioned:
- Watercolour paints: Sennelier Cadmium Red, Winsor & Newton Burnt Sienna, Schmincke Ultramarine Blue
- Medium round brush (Suggested: Da Vinci)
- Small round brush (Suggested: Princeton)
- Mottler brush (Suggested: Princeton)
- Cold pressed paper, 100% cotton, 300gsm (Suggested: Moulin du Roy)
- Water containers
- Paper towels
Join our Facebook Group!
Looking to meet like-minded artists and get feedback from some of our teacher? Join our Facebook Group!
Our online community is a safe and interactive environment for artists of all levels. Let’s learn together!
Don't miss a thing!
Stay up to date on our upcoming live classes, special offers & news by signing up for our Etchr Studio Newsletter.
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team