Learn to paint a realistic acorn with watercolour in this workshop preview with artist and illustrator Anastasiia (@natura.illustrata). She’ll show you the basic principles of drawing and painting composition. You’ll learn a multi-layered watercolour technique to create realistic and three-dimensional illustrations of your favourite natural subjects.
Check out this reference photo if you want to sketch along!
- Painting with wet-on-wet and wet-on-dry watercolour
- Creating volume by using shading
- Lifting technique
- Painting realistically
Enrol in Anastasiia's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
In the Mini Workshop, Anastasiia will teach:
- Painting with a dry brush
- Painting multiple textures
- Enhancing your illustrations
Etchr Products mentioned:
Other materials mentioned:
- 100% cotton 300 gsm cold press watercolour paper (Suggested brands: Arches or Fabriano Artistico)
- Nevskaya Palitra Watercolours (Alternatives: Van Gogh or Winsor & Newton)
- (Suggested colours: Cadmium Yellow Medium, Raw Sienna, Cobalt Blue, Green, Madder lake red Light, English Red, Umber)
- One small round and one medium round brush (Suggested: Tintoretto brushes in size 2 round and size 5 round)
- Mixing palette
- HB or B pencil
- Paper towels
- Two containers of water
- Hair dryer
Join our Facebook Group!
Looking to meet like-minded artists and get feedback from some of our teacher? Join our Facebook Group!
Our online community is a safe and interactive environment for artists of all levels. Let’s learn together!
Don't miss a thing!
Stay up to date on our upcoming live classes, special offers & news by signing up for our Etchr Studio Newsletter.
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team