In this art class preview, learn to use white space to give waves vitality. Join us with artist Andrea England (@andreaenglandart) as she teaches us how to add movement and light to a seascape. She’ll share her unique technique for painting water with watercolour.
Check out the reference photo if you want to paint along!
- Painting water
- Using white space for waves
- Creating movement in water
- Watercolour technique of glazing
Enrol in Andrea's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
In the Mini Workshop, Andrea will teach:
- Painting a whole scene with watercolour
- Highlighting with negative space
- Painting motion into water
- Glazing techniques for trees and shorelines
Etchr Products mentioned:
- Etchr Sketchbook (Landscape): A4 Cold Press
- Watercolour Brushes: Set of 10
- Black Graphic Pen Collection: Set of 16
Other materials mentioned:
- Daniel Smith Watercolours (Colours: Indanthrone Blue, Indigo, Dioxazine Purple, Burnt Sienna, Quinacridone Burnt Orange, Yellow Ochre, Phthalo Green (Blue Shade), Hansa Yellow Medium)
- Fabriano Artistico 100% cotton cold press watercolour paper 300 gsm
- Large quill or round brush and a small round brush (Suggested: Da Vinci Casaneo size 4 round and size 2 quill)
- Pen with waterproof ink (Suggested: Etchr Graphic Pen size 0.3mm)
- Water in containers
- Masking tape or washi tape
- Paper towel or sponge
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team