Learn to layer bright colours confidently in this art class preview with artist and illustrator Annette Morris (@annettemorris.art). She will teach you to create art with character and feeling. You’ll see how to embrace the magic of watercolour in any urban sketch.
Check out these reference photos if you want to sketch along!
- Developing confidence with bright colours
- Layering watercolours
- Combining ink and watercolour
- Creating and including character
Enrol in Annette's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
In the Mini Workshop art class, Annette will teach:
- Capturing the essence of the environment
- Simplifying a mix of complex shapes and textures
- Working through the sense of “overwhelm”
- Mixing vibrant colours
Etchr Products mentioned:
- Portrait Etchr Sketchbook B5 Hot Press
- Watercolour Brushes: Set of 10 (Size: 12, 6 and 3)
- Black Graphic Pen Collection: Set of 16
- Watercolour 24 Half Pan Set: (Yellow Ochre, Lemon Yellow, Simply Red/Scarlet, Pretty Pink/Alizarin Crimson/Rogue Red, Burnt Sienna, Sky Blue/Cerulean, Cobalt Blue, Leaf Green/Sap Green, Llama Orange - optional)
Other suggested materials:
- Watercolour paints (Suggested: Daniel Smith)
- Black waterproof pens (Suggested: Derwent)
- Watercolour pencil in orange (Suggested: Derwent)
- Watercolour brushes (Suggested: Silver Brush Size 12, 6 and 3)
- White gouache (Winsor & Newton)
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team