In this art class preview, learn to paint a pearl ring using gouache. Join us with artist Åsa Strand (@dantikadesign) for a lesson in a minimalist approach to realistic painting. She will help you focus on the primary colours to find your artistic voice. You’ll also get an overview of colour theory and using a limited gouache palette.
Check out the reference photo here if you want to paint along!
- Painting with a limited colour palette
- Painting with limited brush sizes
- Understanding colour theory
- Realism in painting
Enrol in Åsa's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
In the Mini Workshop art class, Åsa will teach:
- Applying colour theory and the psychology of perception
- Using abstract thinking to paint realistically
- Focusing on a limited palette of primary, secondary, and tertiary colours
Etchr Products Mentioned:
Jackson's Art products mentioned:
- Winsor & Newton Designer Gouache Paints: Primary Yellow, Primary Blue, Primary Red, Black, White
- General Pencil Company: Charcoal Pencil HB Hard
- Winsor & Newton Kneadable Eraser
- Silver Brush: Watercolor Brush #0 or Pro Arte Watercolor Brush #0
- Arches Watercolor Paper Hot Press
- White porcelain plate
- Towel or kitchen paper
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team