Learn to paint reflective surfaces with artist and interior designer Cher Mendoza (@chercabula). She’ll show you how to capture the sparkle and gloss of silverware perfectly.
- Simplifying complex shiny objects
- Deciding which details are important
- Focusing on shapes within the object
- Layering colours for depth and contrast
Here is the reference image if you want to paint along!
In the Mini Workshop art class, Cher will teach:
- Observing colour differences in reflective surfaces
- Noticing how light changes on different surfaces
- Glazing and layering colours for depth
Enrol in Cher's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
Etchr Products mentioned:
Portrait Etchr Sketchbook B5 Cold Press
Watercolour 24 Half Pan Set
Jackson's Art Products mentioned:
#2 Silver Brush Renaissance Red Sable Round brush
Faber Castell Mechanical Pencil with blue Pentel HB lead
- Watercolour brushes (Suggested: #8 Mimik Round brush and #0 Sterling Studio Round brush)
- Paper scraps
- Jar of water
- Paper towels or old rag
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team