In this art class preview, learn to paint a semi-realistic portrait in gouache with artist Cecile Yadro (@cecileyadro). She will show you how to create a highly detailed portrait that stands out with vivid colours.Topics Covered:
- Varying paint consistency
- Creating skin tones with a variety of colours
- Layering colours for depth
- Choosing attractive and unusual colours
Check out the reference image here if you want to paint along!
In the Mini Workshop art class, Cecile will teach:
- Using gouache for fine detail
- Expressing your subject’s unique personality
- Painting a semi-realistic style to stand out
Enrol in Cecile's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
- Watercolour paper: Hot pressed, 300gsm, size 17x25
- 2H pencil, regular eraser and sharpener
- Magic tape (Suggested brand: 3M)
- Any palette
- Two jars of water
- Cloth or kitchen paper
- Water spray
- Gouache paints: White, Lemon Yellow, Yellow Ochre, Vermillion Red, Magenta, Cobalt blue, Turquoise, Burnt Sienna, Burnt Umber, Ultramarine blue or any primary colours
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team