Turn simple sketches into a complex masterpiece with artist Carol Yao. She will teach you to break down your outline into simple shapes that are easy to paint, then add dimension with reflections and highlights.
Check out this reference photo if you want to paint along!
- Introduction to creating water texture with gouache;
- Enhancing your painting with washes and layers;
- The importance of understanding the thickness and thinness of your gouache when painting.
Enrol in Carol's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
Etchr Products mentioned:
- 2 water jars
- Gouache paints: Ultramarine Blue, Primary Blue, Yellow Ochre, Burnt Umber, Any yellow, Permanent white, any red or pink (Suggested: Alizarin Crimson)
- Reusable cloth or paper towel
- Pencil (For sketching)
- Washi tape (Optional)
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team