In this art class free preview, learn to paint expressive portraits with watercolour. Join us as artist Fiona di Pinto (@drawingsinadrawer) shares her portrait painting techniques, including under-painting, layering, and unexpected colours.
- Building layers in order to create depth;
- Adding splatters for a fun aesthetic background;
- Adding botanicals for a unique composition.
Enrol in Fiona's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
In the Mini Workshop art class, Fiona will teach:
- Creating intensity with under-painting
- Bringing skin to life with transparent layers
- Conveying emotion and feeling in a watercolour portrait
- Incorporating puddles and splatters for expressive freedom
Etchr Products mentioned:
Mini Palette: 19 Wells
Watercolour 24 Half Pan Set
Watercolour Brushes: Set of 10
The Perfect Sketchbook
- Silver Brush: Black Velvet Round #2
- Silver Brush: Black Velvet Round Size 8
- Escoda Rigger Brush in #2
- St. Petersburg White Nights Watercolour Paints (Suggested colours: Green Earth, Green, Raw Sienna, Madder lake Red (Light), Indigo, Ultramarine Blue, Sepia, Umber)
- Sennelier Watercolour (Blue Violet)
- Winsor & Newton Watercolour (Rose Doré)
- Kitchen paper
- Water spray bottle
- Heat tool or hair dryer
- White gel pen Uniball Signo
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team
Bonny Parsons said:
I cannot locate where to enroll?
August 21, 2021