Learn to bring out colour’s richness in your watercolour Still Life paintings. Join us for this art class preview with artist Maria Mishkareva (@maria.mishkareva). She’ll demonstrate layering techniques that will bring life to everyday objects.
- Glazing and layering to get desired effects
- Using a clean, dry brush for texture
- Mixing colours for a balanced palette
- Using both cool and warm colours
- Managing expectation to see the actual colours in a subject
Here are the reference image and sketch outline if you want to paint along!
In the Mini Workshop art class, Maria will teach:
- Using wet-on-wet and wet-on-dry techniques
- Understanding how to produce many shades of one colour
- Embracing the fluidity of watercolour
Enrol in Maria's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
Etchr Products mentioned:
Etchr The Perfect Sketchbook A4 (100% Cotton, Cold Press)
Etchr Watercolour Brushes: Set of 10
Jackson's Art Products mentioned:
Transparent Yellow Medium
Winsor Orange Red Shade
Transparent Red Oxide
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team