Break up with your ruler in this art class preview with artist Stephanie Fowler (@designbystlight). Watch her demonstrate how to play with perspective without being married to the rules. She’ll show us how to capture large shapes first, which makes everything else fall into place.
- Sketching with hard pencils
- Using perspective loosely and not being afraid to be imperfect;
- Adding weight to your drawing with different pens
- Mixing watercolours for depth
- Adding a space of colour in various places for texture and interest
- Being a left-handed artist in a right-handed world
Here is the reference image if you want to paint along!
In the Mini Workshop art class, Stephanie will teach:
- Using variation in line art
- Properly positioning shadows
- Painting shadows to add depth
- Remembering to paint reflections on reflective surfaces
- Creating a cohesive colour palette.
Enrol in Stephanie's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
Etchr Products mentioned:
- The Perfect Sketchbook A4
- Watercolour Brushes: Set of 10 in #8, 1/4" angle shader, 1/2" flat and 3/4" flat
- Black Graphic Pen Collection: Set of 16 in 0.1 and 0.3
Jackson's Art Products mentioned:
- Ink Pens - Staedtler : 0.2 Pigment Liner Pen and Staedtler : 0.3 Pigment Liner Pen
- Watercolour Paints - Burnt Umber, Burnt Sienna, Yellow Ochre, Cadmium Red, Diox Purple, Sap Green, Indigo, Payne's Grey
- 2H or 4H pencil and eraser
- Water and paper towel
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team