Beginner’s Watercolour for Landscapes is a seven-part workshop series that takes you from total watercolour beginner to feeling comfortable enough with the medium and techniques to paint original landscapes. Designed and taught by Laura Krieger (Elle Kay), this series will teach you the beauty of watercolour through exercises, demos, talks, and examples, then use your newfound skills and confidence to paint any landscape, real or imagined.
Preview the series with this Live Demo, where Laura showcases one landscape scene, painted several times differently. She’ll show you how to push what you can do with watercolour to produce stunning landscapes.
At the end of the series, a 3-hour Master Class is available where Laura guides you through designing and painting a complete landscape, reinforcing everything you learned in the series.
Check out the reference photo here if you want to paint along!
- COMING SOON
Enrol in Laura's Course (Buy now for an affordable price)
Etchr Products Mentioned:
- Watercolour Brushes: Set of 10
Other products mentioned:
- Arches Cold Press Watercolour paper (300gsm/140lbs)
- Fabiano Artistico Cold Press paper
- Watercolour paints (Suggested brands: Daniel Smith, Shinhan PWC or Winsor & Newton Cotman): Indanthrone Blue, Quinacridone Gold and Pyrrol Crimson. Alternative colours: Ultramarine Blue, Hansa Yellow Medium, Hansa Yellow Deep and Alizarin Crimson
- Brushes: 1/2" flat brush, size 8 and 4 round brush
- 3H pencil
- Kneadable eraser
- Cup of water
- An old rag
- Paper towel
- Palette/mixing tray (plastic or ceramic, white)
- Tape (masking, washi, artist, etc)
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team