Learn to capture the spirit of your subject in this art class preview with architectural illustrator Brian Ramsey (@b.ramsey1973). He’ll teach you that small is beautiful with two postcard size paintings of the countryside. You’ll learn to keep your lines loose and simplify your colour choices.
Check out the reference photos if you want to paint along!
- Painting small to warm up
- Beating white-page-panic
- Capturing the spirit of your subject
- Using loose lines
- Curating a collection of small paintings
Enrol in Brian's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
In the Mini Workshop, Brian will teach:
- Painting several pieces with a theme
- Preserving individuality in a collection
- Choosing colours for a collection
Etchr Products mentioned:
Other materials mentioned:
- Uni: Pin: Dark Grey Fineliner 0.1
- Uni: Pin: Dark Grey Fineliner 0.5
- Daniel Smith Watercolours: Quinacridone Gold, Quinacridone Rose, Cerulean Blue Chromium, Green Gold, Undersea Green, Hansa Yellow Medium, Transparent Pyrrol Orange
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team