Learn to paint silhouettes with shimmering watercolours in this art class preview with artist Buffy Kaufman (@watercolorpour). She will talk about choosing colours, identifying values, and using bold silhouettes. Pearlescent painted greetings cards are perfect for quick and loose waterscapes.
- Using a limited palette for colour harmony
- Mixing colours to match nature
- Veering off reference to find freedom
- Using wet-on-wet techniques for a loose result
- Drying your paintings naturally, so they don’t lose their magic
- Lifting with stencils to bring pizazz
Here are the reference images if you want to paint along!
In the Mini Workshop art class, Buffy will teach:
- Using the paint and pour method of watercolour
- Creating custom stencils for lifting
- Managing water on the page and in your pours
- Painting water, reflections, and shadows
Enrol in Buffy's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
Etchr Products mentioned:
Pearlescent Watercolours: Golden 12 Half Pan Set
Etchr Mini Palette: 19 Wells
Watercolour Greeting Cards: Cold Press
Jackson's Art Products mentioned:
Daniel Smith Watercolours (Colours): Hansa Yellow Light, Quinacridone Sienna, Quinacridone Red, Quinacridone Magenta, Phthalo Turquoise, Phthalo Blue (Red Shade))
Kafka Liner Brush # 2
- Watercolour brushes (Angle Shader Brush 1/2", Round Brush #2)
- Tim Holtz Layering Stencils "Speckles" & "Stripes" (optional)
- Containers of water
- Scotch Tape
- Old Toothbrush
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team