Learn to paint from a new perspective in this art class preview with artist and illustrator Camila Picheco (@c_picheco). She will show you how to add dimension in a style reminiscent of video games. You’ll learn the basics of isometric drawing.
- Using 30-degree angles instead of a vanishing point
- Painting in monochrome to find the values in your work
- Creating shadows with a wash
- Using a limited palette to create spots of intere
Here are the reference image, outline image, and guide sheet here if you want to paint along.
In the Mini Workshop art class, Camila will teach:
- Drawing parallel lines
- Understanding the basics of Isometric drawing
- Adding watercolour to create depth
Enrol in Camila's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
Etchr Products mentioned:
Etchr Sketchbook (Landscape): A4 Hot Press
Etchr Mini Palette: 37 Wells
Etchr Black Graphic Pen Collection: Set of 16
Other products mentioned:
Watercolour paints (Suggested colours: Ultramarine Blue, Burnt Sienna, Raw Sienna, Lemon Yellow, Alizarin Crimson, Manganese Blue Hue, Sap Green)
Watercolour brushes (Suggested brands: Raphael and Princeton)
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team