Learn to do an urban sketch with the perfect balance of ink and watercolour in this 30-minute art class with artist Chiara Gomiselli (@chiara_go_arts). She’ll show you how to find beauty in a scene by following the emotions and intuition, using watercolour and ink to express that beauty fully.
Check out this reference photo if you want to sketch along!
- Drawing with ink
- Painting with watercolour techniques
- Creating an urban composition
Enrol in Chiara's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
In the Mini Workshop art class, Chiara will teach:
- Sketching from a reference
- Adding sky to the scene
- Including natural elements like plants and foliage
Etchr Products mentioned:
- Perfect Sketchbook
- Pearlescent Watercolours: Versatile 12 Half Pan Set
- Watercolour Postcards: Cold Press
Other materials mentioned:
- Paper: 50% cotton or higher, 300gr, cold pressed, rough or medium (Suggested: Fabriano Artistico, Winsor & Newton)
- Watercolour paints: Lemon Yellow, Cadmium Yellow, Magenta, Vermillion, Phtalo Blue, Ultramarine Blue, Turquoise, Golden Green, Sap Green, Hooker’s Green, yellow ochre, Burnt Siena, Sepia Brown, Lavender, Dioxazine Purple, Payne’s Grey, Cloud Grey (Suggested: Sennelier Extra-Fine, Winsor & Newton, Jackson’s Artists, Daniel Smith, Schmincke)
- Brushes: Cats Tongue Daler Rowney Graduate n 3/ 4, Round Kolibri n 10 and Raphael n 6 int 3, Mop Raphael n 0 and n 3/ 0, Flat Raphael n 10, (Suggested: Raphael, Tintoretto)
- Ink pen #0,2 (Suggested: Sakura Micron, Derwent, Winsor & Newton)
- Water in containers
- Paper towel or cloth
- Paper tape or paper clips
Join our Facebook Group!
Looking to meet like-minded artists and get feedback from some of our teacher? Join our Facebook Group!
Our online community is a safe and interactive environment for artists of all levels. Let’s learn together!
Don't miss a thing!
Stay up to date on our upcoming live classes, special offers & news by signing up for our Etchr Studio Newsletter.
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team