Learn to paint a simple winter scene value study in a single colour with artist Chloe Tomomi (@chloetomomi). In this 30-minute class, she’ll show you the purpose and value of doing value studies. You’ll learn to look at a reference photo and determine the values in it.
- Understanding value
- Using colour that shows value well
Enrol in Chloe's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
In the Mini Workshop art class, Chloe will teach:
- Starting with a reference
- Completing a value study
- Translating values into colours
Etchr Products mentioned:
Other materials mentioned:
- Watercolour Paper - 9” H x 6” W, Cold Pressed 140 lb (Suggested: Etchr’s Cold Pressed block)
- Paint tubes - Indigo, Paynes Blue Gray, or Neutral Tint (Suggested brand: Daniel Smith, M. Graham, Schminke, Winsor & Newton)
- Watercolour paint brushes (Suggested brand: Etchr’s Watercolour round brushes sizes 8-12); Princeton Neptune Round; Hake brush
- Blue painters tape
- Board to tape paper
- Water container or glass
- Paper towels
Join our Facebook Group!
Looking to meet like-minded artists and get feedback from some of our teacher? Join our Facebook Group!
Our online community is a safe and interactive environment for artists of all levels. Let’s learn together!
Don't miss a thing!
Stay up to date on our upcoming live classes, special offers & news by signing up for our Etchr Studio Newsletter.
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team