Paint portraits by finding the shape of lights and shadows. In this Live Demo, Art Educator Claudia Selene (@claudiaseleneart) will demonstrate this deceptively simple approach to portraiture. Watch how only two colours become recognizable faces.
Check out the reference image here if you want to paint along!
- How using non traditional portrait colours can encourage you to take risks in your painting;
- Using plumb lines to measure out proportions, and why plumb lines are better than a ruler;
- Wet on wet portrait techniques;
- Why drawing out the shapes of lights and shadows is more efficient than drawing details for watercolour portraits.
- Enrol in Claudia's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
- The Perfect Sketchbook A4
- Watercolour Brushes: Set of 10
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team