Learn to paint portraits by finding the shape of lights and shadows in this workshop preview. Art Educator Claudia Selene (@claudiaseleneart) will show you her deceptively simple approach to portraiture. You’ll see how only two colours become recognizable faces.
- Using non-traditional portrait colours
- Using plumb lines to measure out proportions
- Wet on wet portrait techniques
- Drawing out the shapes of lights and shadows
Here is the reference if you want to paint along.
In the Mini Workshop art class, Claudia will teach:
- Painting portraits with a beginner’s approach
- Breaking a face into shadows and lights
- Identifying defining facial features
- Using only two
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team