Learn to capture your city’s character while using a limited palette of complementary colours. In this workshop preview, artist Darren Yeo will show you how a limited palette has unlimited possibilities. You’ll see how he uses tone, colour, and contrast to create stunning moods.
- Using different watercolour techniques for various edge styles
- Dropping colours for hue variance and creating interest
- Using complementary colours
- Holding the brush for better control
- Working in two washes
- Using atmosphere perspective
Here are the reference images if you want to paint along.
In the Mini Workshop art class, Darren will teach:
- Using tone and colour for emphasis
- Giving a sense of emotional expression
- Creating depth in any subject
Enjoy 40% off on art materials when you use the code "EtchrSummer21" on www.chartpakstore.com from July 1, 2021 through September 1, 2021 and receive free shipping on orders over $100! Eligible for orders shipped to the US & Canada only.
Chartpak products mentioned:
- 24 Grumbacher Watercolor Pans
- 9x12 Watercolor Pad
- 1 set of 3 Grumbacher Goldenedge Watercolor Brushes
Etchr products mentioned:
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team