Learn to give your urban sketches a unique, stylised quality in this art class preview with artist Eleanor Doughty (@herbcoil). She’ll show you how she simplifies the complexity around us and turns it into a charming urban sketch. You’ll learn to work with a reference photo, starting with an ink drawing and focusing on creating exciting and precise shapes. Eleanor will finish her sketch with a limited watercolour palette, creating a vibrant and atmospheric scene.
- Holding your pen loosely
- Inking effectively
- Following simple rules of perspective
- Using black watercolour to add value
- Finalising with a white gel pen for final details.
In the 90-minute art class, Eleanor will teach:
- Highlighting to draw focus
- Using simple shapes
- Using solid black shapes
- Purchase Eleanor's Mini Workshop Recording
- Etchr Perfect Sketchbook A5
- Portrait Etchr Sketchbook B5 Cold Press
- Watercolour 24 Halfpan Set
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team