Learn to create loose art styles that still have defined details in this art class preview with artist Ian de Hoog (@iandehoogart). He’ll show you his overall process of creating a majestic bird while focusing on definition, control and consistency. He’ll walk you through his techniques to create shape, value and texture to any bird or animal artwork you make.
- Combining wet-on-wet with wet-on-dry watercolour techniques
- Combining warms with cools for a split colour palette
- Creating textures through different brush techniques
- Keeping the flow going while painting
- Combining pastels with watercolour
In the 90-minute art class, Ian will teach:
- Selecting colours
- Picking the right tools and techniques
- Finishing with quick details
- Enrol in Ian's Mini Workshop (Enroll in our $6 Mini Workshops)
- Etchr Sketchbook: A5 Hot Press
- Etchr Sketchbook: A5 Cold Press
- The Perfect Sketchbook A5
Don't miss a thing!
Check our Youtube Channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- the team at Etchr Studio