Learn to let loose and go with the flow in this workshop preview with artist Irena Spector (@irena_spector). She’ll demonstrate her approach to simplifying a bustling rainy urban scene by amplifying specific details that can make your paintings stand out. You’ll see her break down tricky shapes like cars and create exciting effects, including red lights. Irena has tips for the wet-on-wet and wet-on-dry techniques, as well as overcoming the fear of a blank page.
- “Ruining” a blank page
- Using wet on wet techniques to create authentic reflections
- Using watercolour pencils
- Drawing and painting cars
- Adding details to pull together and enhance a scene
Live Demo Reference: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9nbngh3isxwv5bn/Irena%20S%20Live%20Demo%20ref%20photo.jpg?dl=0
In the Mini Workshop art class, Irena will teach:
- Splashing colours onto the page
- Starting with washes
- Adding details with watercolour pencils
- Painting reflections
Enrol in Irena's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
Chartpak products mentioned:
- 24 Grumbacher Watercolor Pans
- 9x12 Watercolor Pad
- 1 set of 3 Grumbacher Goldenedge Watercolor Brushes
Etchr products mentioned:
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team