Learn to do a complete urban sketch in this art class preview with artist John Harrison (@johnharrison). He’ll show you how to handle the daunting task of figuring out how and where to add colour to a scene. He’ll demonstrate how to draw an entire scene and capture its essence by picking just the right place to add colour. After all, John says it is “line and wash – not just colouring in!
- What pens to use when drawing with ink
- Drawing directly with ink and why it’s different than using pencils first
- How to create one-point perspective drawings, easily
- How to plan your colour placement
- ...and a great tip that will help you figure out when you should stop painting
In the 90-minute art class, John will teach:
- Composition basics
- Colour theory
- Enroll in John's Mini Workshop (Enroll in our $5.50 Mini Workshops)
- Mini Palette: 19 Wells
- Watercolour Brushes: Set of 10
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team