Learn to achieve bright, summer vibes in your watercolour paintings in this workshop preview with artist Kerrilyn Cheah (@kerrilyncheah). She’ll show us how to paint soft and loose flower pots in a summer landscape. She has many tips and tricks for making your painting pop, including the importance of shadows and highlights to bring contrast and depth.
- Starting with a light wash
- Adding pigment for darker layers
- Adding touches of yellow for interest
- Using wet on wet technique to create a blurred look
- Adding splatters for texture
- Using a dry brush technique for the grass
Live Demo reference image
In the Mini Workshop art class, Kerrilyn will teach:
- Painting with soft, loose strokes
- Understanding the importance of contrast and depth
- Making your work pop with shadows and highlights
Chartpak products mentioned:
- 24 Grumbacher Watercolor Pans
- 9x12 Watercolor Pad
- 1 set of 3 Grumbacher Goldenedge Watercolor Brushes
Etchr products mentioned:
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team