Learn to paint a mushroom in this art class preview with artist Lene Myhre (@lenemyhreart). She’ll show you how to create texture and depth by using watercolour and coloured pencils. You’ll see how she gets white without using white paint.
- Using wet-on-dry for light washes
- Dropping in more colour for deeper values
- Outlining contour with watercolour
- Using coloured pencils for finishing details
Here is the reference image and outline sketch if you want to woak along with Lene.
In the Mini Workshop art class, Lene will teach:
- Layering colours with wet-on-dry
- Adding texture with watercolour and coloured pencil
- Adding shadows for depth to get a three-dimensional look
Enrol in Lene's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
Etchr products mentioned:
- Etchr Perfect Sketchbook A4
- Watercolour 24 Half Pan Set
- Watercolour Brushes: Set of 10
Other products mentioned:
- Watercolour paint in Buff Titanium
- Watercolour paint in Burnt Sienna
- Polychromos Coloured Pencil in Burnt Sienna
- Polychromos Coloured Pencil in Yellow Ochre
- Schimoniart Brushes by Fibonacci
- Handmade watercolour paints by Lene
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team