Learn to paint a mushroom in this art class preview with artist Lene Myhre (@lenemyhreart). She’ll show you how to create texture and depth by using watercolour and coloured pencils. You’ll see how she gets white without using white paint.
- Using wet-on-dry for light washes
- Dropping in more colour for deeper values
- Outlining contour with watercolour
- Using coloured pencils for finishing details
In the Mini Workshop art class, Lene will teach:
- Layering colours with wet-on-dry
- Adding texture with watercolour and coloured pencil
- Adding shadows for depth to get a three-dimensional look
Enrol in Lene's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
Etchr products mentioned:
Jackson's Art products mentioned:
- Watercolour paint in Buff Titanium
- Watercolour paint in Burnt Sienna
- Polychromos Coloured Pencil in Burnt Sienna
- Polychromos Coloured Pencil in Yellow Ochre
- Schimoniart Brushes by Fibonacci
- Handmade watercolour paints by Lene
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team