Do you want your urban sketches to appear more natural and effortless? We've got you covered in this Live Demo with urban sketcher and loose sketching enthusiast Leslie Parsons (@montrealsketcher)! Join him as he focuses on breaking down an old Tokyo barbershop into simple shapes and loose lines. Find out how gradually adding depth and contrast can perfectly capture that organic and raw vibe to an urban scene!
Check out this reference image here if you want to paint along!
- Breaking the storefront down into chunks to see clearly where you want everything to be;
- Start with bigger shapes and then add smaller details;
- Finding an anchor point in your more details work;
- Let loose with inking and don’t worry about creating perfect lines;
- Texture techniques like crosshatching, broken lines and dotted lines.
- Enrol in Leslie's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
Enjoy 40% off on art materials when you use the code "EtchrSummer21" on www.chartpakstore.com from July 1, 2021 through September 1, 2021 and receive free shipping on orders over $100! Eligible for orders shipped to the US & Canada only.
Chartpak products mentioned:
- 24 Grumbacher Watercolor Pans
- 9x12 Watercolor Pad
- 1 set of 3 Grumbacher Goldenedge Watercolor Brushes
Etchr products mentioned:
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team