When painting a landscape, the goal is not only to illustrate the landscape as is, but also to capture the mood and atmosphere of the scene. In this case, achieving atmospheric perspective can be a little tricky with watercolors, because it takes a bit of planning.
Professional artist, Renee Walden, can help you simplify just that! Watch how Renee demonstrates her process in achieving realistic depth in her landscapes, painting first in watercolour before adding final details in ink.
Check out the reference image here.
- What is aerial perspective;
- Creating depth through colour;
- Leading the eye of the viewer through edge control;
- What is your focal point, and how to apply contrast;
- How to keep a unified color palette
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team