Japan is not only known as the land of the rising sun, but it's also the land of cute and quirky snacks! If you miss traveling, join artist Roxanne Bunag (@superproxie) in this Live Demo and recreate Japanese food packaging in gouache! Transform a flat photo into a still-life artwork that combines light and proportion with meaningful design. Learn new techniques to find a perfect match between art and design!
Download this reference photo and outline sketch if you wish to paint along!
- Sharing a love for Japanese snacks and food culture;
- Painting wet on dry with himi gouache, and mixing and diluting colors right on the paper instead of premixing on a palette;
- Painting in intricate details as a meditative and therapeutic outlet;
- Adding in subsequent layers of paint to mitigate streakiness and building vibrancy of color.
- Enrol in Roxanne's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
- The Perfect Sketchbook A4
- Etchr Mirror
- A4 Paper Block (Cold Press)
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team