Learn to paint successful watercolour portraits in this art class preview with artist Sarah Stokes (@sarahstokesartist). She’ll show you the importance of seeing and creating correct tones from an image. You’ll learn her techniques and the value of each material she uses. She’ll paint a small part of a portrait, which you will complete in the 90-minute art class.
- Basics of tonal value
- How value works for faces
- Practical exercises to understand value and tone
- Seven Steps to get started with watercolour
- Finding the values in your painting
In the 90-minute art class, Sarah will teach:
- Wet-on-dry and dry brushing techniques
- Showing light with a limited palette
- Enrol in Sarah's Mini Workshop (Enroll in our $6 Mini Workshops)
- Etchr Watercolour 24 Half Pan Set
- Etchr Watercolour Brushes: Set of 10
- Etchr Sketchbook: A4 Cold Press
Don't miss a thing!
Check our Youtube Channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- the team at Etchr Studio