Usher in the winter season early in this workshop preview with artist Cristina Pérez-Selkman. Watch her demonstrate how to paint snow with both wet-on-wet and wet-on-dry techniques with no need for masking fluid. You’ll learn to create detail, contrast, and value through negative painting to bring out the dazzling glow of winter snow.
- Sketching in pencil first
- Mixing colours for hue and tone
- Using negative space painting for snow
- Using pearlescent watercolour to add shimmer
Here are the reference image and outline image if you want to paint along.
In the Mini Workshop art class, Christina will teach:
- Painting snow without white paint
- Glazing and layering for depth
- Understanding light and value in a winter scene
Enrol in Cristina's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
- Etchr Sketchbook (Portrait): B5 Hot Press
- Etchr Sketchbook (Portrait): B5 Cold Press
- Watercolour Brushes: Set of 10
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team