Learn to draw trees with artist David Morales (@dava22) in this art class preview. You’ll see him sketch a scene with a backdrop full of lush trees, paying particular attention to its volume and values to explain depth and perception. He’ll show you how to apply crosshatching sketch techniques to bring the subject and its background to life.
- Simplifying and unifying distant trees
- Building layers of crosshatching for dark values
- Crosshatching with consistency
- Preserving the lighter values
- Keeping contrast high in focal areas
In the 90-minute art class, David will teach:
- Crosshatching for a pine forest, bark, grass, and foliage
- Manipulating lights, shadows, and values
Enrol in David's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
- Etchr Sketchbook (Landscape): A6 Hot Press
- Etchr Sketchbook (Landscape): A5 Cold Press
- Black Graphic Pen Collection: Set of 16
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team