Learn to paint a realistic autumn leaf in this workshop preview with artist Françoise Blayac (@blayacfineart). She’ll help you understand the process behind a realistic watercolour style. You’ll see her use some standard techniques such as layering and splattering and some surprising ones, especially for texture and realism.
Check out this reference photo if you want to sketch along!
- Painting realistically with watercolour
- Creating texture and depth
- Using unusual techniques
Enrol in Françoise's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
In the Mini Workshop, Françoise will teach:
- Painting with a dry brush
- Painting multiple textures
- Enhancing your illustrations
Etchr Products mentioned:
Other materials mentioned:
- Arches Aquarelle 100% cotton cold press watercolour paper, 300 GSM, 6"x8"
- Art Philosophy artist-grade watercolour tubes (Colours: Lemon Yellow, Permanent Yellow Deep, Permanent Red, Hooker's Green, Burnt Umber, Ivory Black)
- Lefranc Bourgeois White gouache (Alternative: Winsor & Newton Designer Gouache Permanent White)
- 1 or 2 round pointed brushes (Suggested: Silver Brush Black Velvet Paintbrushes size 4 round and size 8 round)
- 1 round mop paintbrush (Suggested: Raphael Petit Gris "Le 803" Size 2/0 or Winsor & Newton Pure Squirrel Mop Brush No. 2)
- X-acto knife or similar cutting tool.
- Heat gun or hair drier
- Paper towels
- 2 jars of water
- Masking tape
- Pencil & eraser
Join our Facebook Group!
Looking to meet like-minded artists and get feedback from some of our teacher? Join our Facebook Group!
Our online community is a safe and interactive environment for artists of all levels. Let’s learn together!
Don't miss a thing!
Stay up to date on our upcoming live classes, special offers & news by signing up for our Etchr Studio Newsletter.
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team