Learn to do a floral illustration with ink, graphite, and metallic watercolours in this workshop preview with artist and teacher Ian De Jesus (@ravenfox13). He will show you the simplicity and intricacy that you can achieve with these mediums. You’ll see how metallic watercolour accents make any illustration extraordinary.
Check out this inspiration photo if you want to sketch along!
- Composing an illustration with big shapes
- Using mark making techniques for detail
- Using graphite for shadow and depth
- Adding watercolour accents for visual interest
Enrol in Ian's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
In the Mini Workshop, Ian will teach:
- Techniques for mark-making
- Achieving intricate details with ink
- Incorporating more elements into a composition
- Sketching a butterfly
Etchr Products mentioned:
Other materials mentioned:
- Pigma Micron
- Staedtler Mars Lumograph
- Mechanical Pencil (red colored lead) Pilot Color Eno 0.7
- Kneadable Eraser
- Paint Brush (Taklon Round Brush between 6-8)
Paper Towel/Cloth, Water container
Join our Facebook Group!
Looking to meet like-minded artists and get feedback from some of our teacher? Join our Facebook Group!
Our online community is a safe and interactive environment for artists of all levels. Let’s learn together!
Don't miss a thing!
Stay up to date on our upcoming live classes, special offers & news by signing up for our Etchr Studio Newsletter.
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team