Learn to use the negative painting technique in this art class preview with Etchr’s Resident Artist, Jill Gustavis (@jillgustavisart). She’ll show you how to paint autumn leaves with wet-on-wet painting. You’ll learn to choose colours and when to fix mistakes or let them stay.
- Differences between negative and positive painting (and how to combine them)
- Choosing colours that work well together
- Fixing mistakes or letting them stay as they are
- Wet on wet painting technique
In the 90-minute art class, Jill will teach:
- Further negative painting technique for a dreamy night skyscape
- Layering and blending for form and movement
- Enroll in Jill's Mini Workshop (Enroll in our $5 Mini Workshops and get $10 back to spend on our Art Supply store!)
- Listen to Jill's interview
- No reference photo this time! bring your own leaves!
Don't miss a thing!
Check our Youtube Channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- the team at Etchr Studio