Learn to paint a still life with glowing light in this 30-minute art class with artist Julia Bezgacheva (@ulkin_art). She’ll show you how to blend watercolour and soft pastel to create a vibrant painting full of texture and light. You’ll see all stages of her work, including the underpainting, watercolour, and, finally, soft pastels.
- Composing a still life
- Using underpainting
- Painting techniques for watercolour
- Blending techniques for soft pastel
Enrol in Julia's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
In the Mini Workshop art class, Julia will teach:
- Arranging objects for still life composition
- Choosing colours
- Finishing layers
Etchr Products mentioned:
Other materials mentioned:
- Pastel mat paper, 9”x12”, colour Sand – Suggested: Clairefontaine Pastelmat
- Watercolour paints (Suggested: Mijelo Gold in Light red, Lemon yellow, Greenish yellow, Yellow orange, Peacock blue, Cobalt blue No.1)
- Pastel pencils (Suggested: Bruynzeel 31, Stabillo 205, Bruynzeel 823, Carand’Ache 662 Cobalt Blue 10%, Stabillo 400, Derwent Burnt Umber P540).
- Soft pastels (Suggested: Unison BE12, Y10, Y11, O3, O2, O1, Red1, Red7, Red12, YGE16, GRN17, BGE3, BGE2, Add52, Add53, BV4, BV9 or similar colors in another brand of soft pastel)
- Medium round watercolor or ink brush. Please note that we are going to work on abrasive paper, so do not use your best watercolor brush.
- Palette for mixing watercolor
- Water in containers
- Paper towels
- Wet wipes for cleaning your hands
- Masking tape
Join our Facebook Group!
Looking to meet like-minded artists and get feedback from some of our teacher? Join our Facebook Group!
Our online community is a safe and interactive environment for artists of all levels. Let’s learn together!
Don't miss a thing!
Stay up to date on our upcoming live classes, special offers & news by signing up for our Etchr Studio Newsletter.
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team