Learn to use atmospheric perspective in this art class preview with Etchr’s Resident Artist, Jun-Pierre Shiozawa (@junpierre). He’ll show you how to paint an entire city scene by starting with thumbnails and using washes. You’ll never again feel overwhelmed by a big city view when you can use Jun-Pierre’s techniques.
- Planning thumbnails before starting your painting
- How to lay down washes to get the atmospheric perspective effect
- How to add details, light, and shadows without overworking your piece
- The different stages of wet paper - and how to use it to your advantage
Reference: (credit to Michael Shainblum) https://www.dropbox.com/s/muavkxzmew8q1ol/Jun_Sep25.jpg?dl=0
In the 90-minute art class, Jun-Pierre will teach:
- Watercolour techniques, including layering and glazing
- Adding depth and dimension with shadows and light
- Purchase Jun-Pierre's Mini Workshop recording
- Listen to Jun's interview
- Etchr Sketchbooks
- Etchr Watercolour set
- Reference photo (credit: Michael Shainblum)
Don't miss a thing!
Check our Youtube Channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- the team at Etchr Studio