Learn to paint water in this art class preview with artist Kate Kos (@kate_kos). She’ll show you how to mix the colours to capture water perfectly. You’ll see how she addresses colour balance and value in a complex subject.
Check out this reference photo if you want to sketch along!
- Simplifying a photo reference
- Mixing colours
- Painting wet-on-dry gouache layers
- Composing a painting
Enrol in Kate's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
In the Mini Workshop art class, Kate will teach:
- Painting a seascape
- Mixing colours for water, sky, and reflections
- Maintaining colour balance
Etchr Products mentioned:
Other materials mentioned:
- Watercolour paper CP 300g, size around 20cm x 20cm
- Winsor & Newton Gouache Paints: Primary Blue, Primary Yellow, Ultramarine Blue, Red, Raw Sienna, White Gouache Paint
- 2 synthetic brushes, small pointed round or rigger, medium flat and 1 natural hair flat watercolour brush (20mm)
- Container for water
- Paper tissues
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team