Learn to paint the many textures of a bird in this 30 minute class with artist Kathleen Baraan (@deartoourhearts). She has line work for you HERE to draw it before we go live. She’ll show you how to lay down the initial washes and create feather textures.
Check out this reference photo if you want to sketch along!
- Palawan Flowerpecker
- Painting beyond light to dark
- Reserving highlight areas
- Painting feather textures
Enrol in Kathleen's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
In the Mini Workshop, Kathleen will teach:
- Adding texture with multiple colours
- Painting branch texture
Etchr Products mentioned:
Other materials mentioned:
- Cold pressed watercolor paper 300 gsm (Suggested: Arches or Fabriano)
- Synthetic round brush (Suggested: Silver Brush Size 0, Size 4, Size 6)
- Mijello Mission Gold Watercolours (Payne’s Grey, Permanent Yellow Light, Orange, Cobalt Blue Hue, Indigo, Red Violet, Bright Clear Violet
If not available, use CMYK colours or Primary Red, Blue, Yellow, and Black)
- Graphic pencils (Suggested: Derwent B and Derwent HB)
Join our Facebook Group!
Looking to meet like-minded artists and get feedback from some of our teacher? Join our Facebook Group!
Our online community is a safe and interactive environment for artists of all levels. Let’s learn together!
Don't miss a thing!
Stay up to date on our upcoming live classes, special offers & news by signing up for our Etchr Studio Newsletter.
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team