Learn to create an original character in watercolour with writer and illustrator Kimberli Johnson (@kimberlistudio). She’ll show you how to use traditional media to incorporate elements of different creatures in just one character. You’ll see her watercolour techniques and understand how to pick a colour palette to bring out your character’s style and personality.
Check out this reference photos if you want to sketch along!
- Using complementary colours
- Controlling focal points with saturation
- Mixing your own black for harmony
- Painting cool shadows from warm light
In the 90-minute art class, Kimberli will teach:
- Drawing anthropomorphic characters
- Using dynamic linework
- Using a balanced colour palette
Enrol in Kimberli's Mini Workshop here.
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team