Learn to create exciting urban sketches in this workshop preview with artist Lee Bates (@leetheillustrator). He will use dip pens and watercolours to bring urban scenes to life! You’ll see how to create whimsical drawings while staying true to a location by playing with scale and carefully selecting what to include (and, more importantly, what to leave out!). Watch how he designs a drawing and creates balance within a composition while embracing mistakes that may come naturally.
- Understanding the drawing process
- Designing a drawing
- Using white space in the composition
- Adding personality and character to ordinary situations
Live Demo Reference: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvw5urm8idkme71/LDReference_LeeBates.jpg?dl=0
In the Mini Workshop art class, Lee will teach:
- Defining limitations to enhance a drawing
- Practising sketching and drawing techniques
- Breaking through a creative slump
Enrol in Lee's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
- Etchr Sketchbook (Landscape): A5 Hot Press
- Watercolour Brushes: Set of 10
- Watercolour Postcards: Hot Press
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team