Learn to layer light and dark to paint a mountain in this art class preview with artist Lilly Carr (@lillycarrart). She will show you how she uses colour, light, and texture to represent an environment visually. Lilly will use a variety of brush strokes to achieve a realistic mountain for a landscape.
Check out this reference photo if you want to paint along!
- COMING SOON
Enrol in Lilly's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
In the Mini Workshop, Lilly will teach:
- Using a layering technique for a complete mountain landscape
- Painting foliage in layers
- How to look at a picture and pick out light and dark shapes
- How to layer gouache from dark to light and light to dark
- Understanding how light and shadows change the shapes and colours of the mountains
Etchr Products mentioned:
Other materials mentioned:
- Silver Brush: Synthetic Liner
- Silver Brush: Synthetic Flat
- Princeton Round Brush #0
- Holbein Artists' Gouache Paints: Prussian Blue, Black, White, Ultramarine, Ponceau, Burnt Umber, Ochre, Earth Yellow
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team