Learn to paint a Great White Shark in this art class preview with illustrator Lore illustration (@loreillustration). She will teach you how to paint a shark from sketch to finish. You’ll use a reference photo to do a quick sketch, then add watercolour in layers from light to dark.
Check out this reference photo if you want to sketch along!
- Using a reference photo
- Drawing a simple sketch
- Layering watercolours in order
- Drawing finishing touches with black fine liner
Enrol in Lore's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
In the Mini Workshop, Lore will teach:
- Sketching big shapes
- Building the form with the wet-on-wet technique
- Painting texture with the wet-on-dry technique
- Drawing details with black fine liner and white gel pen
Etchr Products mentioned:
Other materials mentioned:
- Winsor & Newton Watercolours (Colours: Titanium White, Indigo, Ivory Black)
- Watercolour brushes in Round #5 and #8 (Suggested: Pro Arte Kolinsky Sable Round 5 and Round 8)
- UniPin Black Waterproof Sketching Pens in 0.1 or 0.2
- Pencil (Mechanical, HB, or 2B)
- Two water containers
- Paper towels
Join our Facebook Group!
Looking to meet like-minded artists and get feedback from some of our teachers? Join our Facebook Group!
Our online community is a safe and interactive environment for artists of all levels. Let’s learn together!
Don't miss a thing!
Stay up to date on our upcoming live classes, special offers & news by signing up for our Etchr Studio Newsletter.
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team