Learn to sketch in ink with confidence in this art class preview with professional architect and artist Marek Badzynski (@marekbad64). He will show you how to let go of self-doubt when drawing with ink. Watch him capture architecture quickly and without hesitation using his unique style, the “arty doodle.”
- Beginning at the top of the paper to avoid smudging
- Creating value and variation with your pen
- Using inking techniques like hatching, cross-hatching, and stippling
- Understanding how to approach lighting with value
- Creating doodles from your memories
Check out these inspiration images here if you want to paint along!
In the Mini Workshop art class, Marek will teach:
- Letting go of your art-making inhibitions
- Composing a scene for depth and dimension
- Drawing without a reference confidently
- Adding final touches with watercolour
Enrol in Marek's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
- Fountain pen with a bent-nib style also known as ‘fude’ (Suggested:
Kuretake Fude Pen)
- Waterproof ink (Suggested: Manuscript Calligraphy Ink or Sennelier Indian Ink)
- Paper towel or blotter
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team