Traditional calligraphy is all about flowing lines and precise strokes. These same principles can be applied to create trees and foliage that are in harmony with its surroundings! Find out how it's done in this Live Demo with artist Marvin Chew (@marvinchew)! Watch as he takes a minimal palette with seemingly simple brushstrokes to create a lush landscape!
Check out the reference image here if you want to paint along!
- Implementing Chinese calligraphy brush strokes to create foliage;
- Using the rule of thirds for compositions and to create an engaging painting;
- How to mix colors for atmospheric perspective;
- Combining hard and soft edges to create an impressionistic painting and emphasized the importance of not copying the reference.
- Enrol in Marvin's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
- The Perfect Sketchbook A4
- Watercolour Brushes: Set of 10
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team