Learn to use the principles of traditional calligraphy for landscapes in this 30-minute art class with artist Marvin Chew (@marvinchew). He’ll show you how to take a minimal palette with seemingly simple brushstrokes to create a lush landscape.
- Using Chinese calligraphy brush strokes to create foliage
- Composing with the rule of thirds
- Mixing colours for atmospheric perspective
- Combining hard and soft edges
- Understanding the importance of not copying the reference
Live Demo Reference: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xj3k6s4hj1jksuv/LDReference_MarvinChew.JPG?dl=0
In the Mini Workshop art class, Marvin will teach:
- Painting lights and darks efficiently and confidently
- Creating vibrant and luminous pieces
- Using a monochrome value sketch
Enrol in Marvin's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team