Learn to sketch wood and stone textures with gestural lines in this art class preview. Join us with artist Max McGee (@SketchtotheMaxx) for a demonstration of his techniques for getting depth and perspective through texture. You’ll learn to do short studies for fun as well as for practice.
Check out this reference photo if you want to sketch along!
- Creating a simple, multi-sided form in perspective
- Using gestural lines for texture
- Using varied crosshatching for contrast and depth
- Understanding how social media distorts the perception of growth
- Practising is the way to get better at anything
Enrol in Max's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
In the Mini Workshop, Max will teach:
- Deciphering the large shapes of a subject
- Eyeballing perspective
- Using ink with confidence
- Creating texture, contrast, depth, and perspective
Etchr Products mentioned:
Other materials mentioned:
- Moleskine Sketchbook
- Sakura Pigma Micron Pen 005
- Sakura Pigma Micron Pen 08
- Sakura Pigma Micron Pen 03
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team