In this art class preview, learn to paint a loose portrait in Procreate. Join us with artist Mike Brennan (@mikebone) as he shares his method for making loose marks and creating energy in Procreate on the iPad. He will show you how to paint a digital portrait in a painterly style.
- Having fun playing with your art
- Using layers for rough sketches and composition
- Adding depth by layering colour blocks
- Using different brushes to loosen up your art
- Creating a smudged effect
- Developing painterly qualities in Procreate
- Using the right tools and their impact on line quality
Here is the reference Mike used if you'd like to paint along.
In the Mini Workshop art class, Mike will teach:
- Painting an exciting textural surface in Procreate.
- Understanding light, colour, and texture
- Painting loosely in Procreate
Enrol in Mike's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
List of equipment and software:
- iPad (iPad Pro 12.9 inch 2015 model)
- Apple Pencil (1st generation)
- Procreate software
- Additional Brushes
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team