Learn to paint an autumn forest landscape in gouache with artist Mike Thomas (@mikethomas.art) in this 30-minute art class. He’ll show you how to truly capture the atmosphere and colour of the fall season on an Etchr postcard. You’ll use a simple autumnal palette, wet on wet, and dry brushing techniques. You’ll see how to simplify shapes, combine gouache and pens to create vibrant artwork, and use your colours to their fullest potential.
Check out this reference photo if you want to sketch along!
- Painting wet-on-wet with gouache
- Using dry brushing techniques
- Simplifying shapes
- Adding pens
Enrol in Mike's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
In the Mini Workshop art class, Mike will teach:
- Using complementary colours
- Combining pencils, pens, and gouache
Etchr Products mentioned:
- Etchr Watercolour Postcards: Hot Press
- Etchr Coloured Graphic Pen Collection: Set of 16 (Colours: Red, Brown, Yellow, Blue)
- Etchr Watercolour Brushes: Set of 10 (Sizes: Flat 10, 6, 3)
Other materials mentioned:
- Winsor & Newton Designer Gouache (Colours: Primary Red, Primary Blue, Ultramarine, Primary Yellow, Yellow Ochre, Permanent Green Middle, Zinc White)
- Soft pencil
- Tippex Correction fluid Pen
- Two containers of water
- Painting palette
- Kitchen roll / Paper towel
Join our Facebook Group!
Looking to meet like-minded artists and get feedback from some of our teacher? Join our Facebook Group!
Our online community is a safe and interactive environment for artists of all levels. Let’s learn together!
Don't miss a thing!
Stay up to date on our upcoming live classes, special offers & news by signing up for our Etchr Studio Newsletter.
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team