Want to learn how to paint urban scenes that catch your attention? Why not go tiny?
Join London-based artist Mike Thomas as he walks us through his cup coaster painting process. Using a simplified palette, we will combine gouache, watercolour pencils, and markers to create small urban pieces. At the end of this demo, you will learn how to simplify shapes and use one or two colours to their fullest potential.
Check out the reference image here.
- How to use and prime cheap coasters to create tiny paintings;
- Making a full painting with 2 complementary colours;
- Layering wet gouache;
- Creating depth on seemingly bi-dimensional paintings;
- Painting colourful shadows and highlights;
- Adding finishing touches with pens.
- Enroll in Mike's Mini Workshop (Enroll in our $5.50 Mini Workshops)
- Watercolour Brushes: Set of 10
- Mini Palette: 19 Wells
- Etchr Field Case
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team