Learn to paint eye-catching urban scenes in this art class preview with artist Mike Thomas (@mikethomas.art). He’ll show you his entire cup coaster painting process. We will combine gouache, watercolour pencils, and markers to create small urban pieces using a simplified palette. At the end of this demo, you will learn to simplify shapes and use one or two colours to their fullest potential.
- Using coasters to make tiny paintings
- Making a complete painting with two colours
- Layering wet gouache
- Painting colourful shadows and highlights
- Adding finishing touches with pens.
In the 90-minute art class, Mike will teach:
- Simplifying shapes
- Using a broader colour palette
- Enroll in Mike's Mini Workshop (Enroll in our $5.50 Mini Workshops)
- Watercolour Brushes: Set of 10
- Mini Palette: 19 Wells
- Etchr Field Case
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team